I found these interview questions on Erotica for All. I don’t know when I’ll be featured on their site, so I thought I’d post a few of them just to get you excited. ;)
- How did you start writing erotica?
- I’ve been reading romance novels since I was in junior high. My mom took them away from me, but that just made me want to read more. After I got married, I got a subscription to Playgirl magazine and I spent more time reading the stories than looking at the pictures. Really! I wrote three short stories, sent them in and two of them were published, one as Fantasy of the Month. I’ve been writing sex ever since.
- What’s your favourite published work of yours and why?
- My favorite published book is Tell Me You Want Me. It was my first novel and I fell in love with the bad boy hero (he’s a lot like my husband).
- Who is your favourite character from one of your stories and why?
- Jack Wheeler from Tell Me You Want Me and Secret Storm. He’s a man with a dark past. On the surface, he’s charming and sociable, but underneath there’s a terrible secret haunting him. He’s scarred physically and emotionally. He intrigues me and he’s great in bed. ;)
- How do you get yourself in the mood to write?
- I daydream.
- If you get writer’s block when you’re writing, how do you get around it?
- Two things: write stream of consciousness until I get the problem worked out, or take a shower. I get great ideas in the shower.
- If you could bring one of your characters to life, which one would it be and why?
- Jack – I want to check out the scars on his body.
- What’s your favourite genre within erotica and why?
- I like erotic romance. That’s what I write. I write contemporary, but I read historical, especially Scottish historicals. I love men in kilts!
- What’s the biggest writing challenge you’ve ever taken on? Did you succeed?
- Writing my first novel. No, publishing and selling my first novel. Writing was the easy part. Selling it, especially when you’re self-published, is a HUGE challenge.
If you’re an erotica author, you can submit profile information to Erotica for All.